Saturday, November 01, 2008

Halloween Trick Or Treating...

OK, really nobody does tricks anymore. In fact, most of the kids barely even say trick or treat now. I remember loving yelling out those great 3 words because it meant that I was going to get some great free candy! I considered being an ogre and only obliging those kids that said the magic Halloween words but they were so cute that I couldn't resist. There were a great variety of costumed characters in the neighbourhood. There was the usual Dracula's (Christopher) knights, princesses, fairys (Coco)and hobos but I didn't see any kid wearing the most creative of parent devised costume, an old white sheet with two eyes cut in. We even had a personal appearance from Hannah Montana!!!(TT)Most of the kids were really creative and fun to watch. This is E-E (Ethan).
Our little one was a skunk! Peeeyou! Here she is with her friend Bailey.Mary had a great time going house to house with her Mommy and Papa Pablo and her Abuella Marcela.
Everyone ooooh'd and awww'd over her and she smiled the whole time. It was so fun to be there and watch. Mary said trick or treat as much as her nerve would allow her and it didn't seem to matter because when she got shy the people seemed to fall right into the cutie trap even easier. I couldn't believe the amount of candy Mary came home with. Awesome... I mean uhhh... that's great, you know, for her. Ahem.
Then there was the pumpkins. Above is a little friend of Mary's named London.People really had fun last night carving some fun and scary faces. Mary loves the t.v. show Dora The Explorer so I decided to carve the scariest character from that show (not very scary at all really... he's more of a thief and prankster), Swiper the fox. It took so long that I only got a chance to carve 2 of the 3 pumpkins Kate bought so if anyone knows what to do with a post Halloween pumpkin let me know. The other pumpkin was supposed to be Winnie the Pooh but it didn't turn out the right way. Oh well.

After we were done going around the neighbourhood we went back to the house and ordered pizza and had dinner. Two of Kate's aunts, Georgina and Favie (I am sorry but I am sure I have spelled both names wrong) had dinner with us as well. In fact they handed out candy to the kids while we went around the hood.

It was great. That's all there is to it. I think next year I will cut the pumpkins up the day before.

Oh and here is a pumpkin I carved for a fundraiser at Kate's work.
RKM.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?